How-to gardening articles are aplenty online. So many gardening and horticulture questions that need answers along our gardening journey of adventure and discoveries! Hope these gardening sites that I’ve compiled will help all of us avid gardeners and garden enthusiasts create our dream gardens with minimum effort!
Last edited: Dec 26 2011
- Add non-stop color to your garden
- Attract butterflies to your garden. Wouldn’t you love to have these visit you?
- Build a rain garden
- Care for Desert Plants and lots more! Select the topic ‘Horticulture / Desert Gardening’ at its left side bar to explore and be delightfully enticed!
- Cleanse / purify air with garden plants. More listings of air-cleansing or air-filtering plants: 1. and 2.
- Control Garden Pests such as white flies, aphids, mealy bugs, mites and scales.
- Control Slugs the natural way.
- Control Various Pests. A comprehensive guide by University of Florida – IFAS, Mid-Florida Research & Education Center on insect and arthropod pest identification and management.
- Create you own butterfly garden. An indepth tutorial by Somnath Pal Das, a nature activist and passionate photographer.
- Garden & more on anything & everything! Alternatively, use its search engine to find a particular advice.
- Garden esp. in the desert southwest. An online Arizona Gardener Manual that covers a very wide range of gardening topics, useful too for any gardener in the Tropics or elsewhere. A must read!
- Grow indoor plants with success. A very insightful and comprehensive guide from the University of Georgia, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Improve your soil with a cover crop. An instructional video presentation by Marc Kessler of CaliforniaOrganicFlowers.com worth viewing.
- Make Origami Newspaper Pots for growing seedlings or propagating stem cuttings. A brilliant idea worth trying that’ll not only save you money on commercial pots, but great for eventual transplanting into soil or larger pot. Perfect, as the whole newspaper pot with contents goes into the soil, thus not disturbing the plant’s root system and with the newspaper gradually composting.
- Propagate plants by air layering or marcotting. Read through for a detailed step-by-step process with illustrations.
- Propagate plants by cuttings, layering and division. Very detailed description of the various methods by Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- Propagate ferns from spores. Here’s an interesting article by Keith Rogers on this method. View another fern propagation page by the Australian National Botanic Garden that included the fern life cycle as well.
- Pruning Trees and Shrubs. A very comprehensive publication by University of Minnesota Extension Service on the reasons for pruning, the methods to be applied for various kind of trees/shrubs, the right pruning tools, etc. – a must read for further insights!
Tags: garden links